December 8, 2011

EL ZOMBO

During the San Diego Comicon I met some truly inspiring artists and all around great guys. One such person is the big boss man Dave Wilkins. A great artist and cool cat, he is one of the creators of the awesome title El Zombo. This year he released a book of El Zombo containing short stories and pinup art.

Here is a link to the Facebook page with more info.

Anyways, I was extremely honored when he asked me to contribute a piece to his next El Zombo book project. After a few months I finally had a chance to sit down and crank it out. I just wrapped on it this week and thought I would share it with you all. It;s a little darker than my usual stuff but still retains some of my signature stuff.



Hope you all dig. I will do a future post showing more process stuff and an alternative pinup that I scratched at the last minute. Thanks for looking and make sure to check out the El Zombo page, so much awesome in one link!


3 comments:

Wouter Gort said...

Whoa Patrick, that's so awesome!
Amazing illustration, and the zombie kids are super cool :D!
I wonder how they're going to get out of this one, haha!

Simon Scales said...

Sweet man!!

Patrick Ballesteros said...

Thanks guys!

Wouter-Hopefully they have enough bullets.

Simon-Thanks buddy!