December 23, 2012

Sketch Friday (delayed)

My apologies for not posting sooner. I was fortunate enough to travel to New York and have been drawing up a storm over here getting ideas for new pieces for the upcoming year. My experience here in NYC has been nothing short of AMAZING and am very eager to share a lot of imagery with you all. In the meantime, here is a quick subway drawing I did. Eventually I decided to add a bit of color to it. 



Original Drawing:
 
Since I'm in my studio and I was in a cafe with no wifi, I had to improvise by using Photobooth on my MAC to get this image into Photoshop so that is why the original drawing is reversed from the color version. When travelling you gotta do what you gotta do to get the job done!


Final Color: After visiting the Metropolitan Museum of Art and the Society of Illustrators in New York I was exposed to so much art, picking up on a few new ways of doing and seeing things. For me this final color piece was an experimentation in color, shape, and light. I'm eager to do more of these especially with my bigger illustrations. 

Thanks again for stopping by and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

No comments: