December 11, 2012

Fat Tank

Hey everyone! Hope your week is going well especially with the holidays around the corner. I know how hectic things can get.

For today's sketch I decided to shake things up a bit with my approach to these mech designs. I am pretty happy with what I came up with because it feels really clunky and slow moving but a heavy hitter with firepower. Shape design is really important when approaching mechs; it can be intimidating at first but the main thing is to have fun with it and to give them a personality almost as if they are living people.

I plan on doing a demo or at least a time lapse of me drawing one of these real soon so lookout for that.


Arthur Orneck said...

That's one phat tank. Or fat. Take your pick.

C.Deboda said...

Sweet! Adding all these little kids crawling around these large mechs adds a nice charming touch.

Justin Rodrigues said...

So cool man! Love all that painstaking detail!

Patrick Ballesteros said...

Chris-Thanks man.

Justin-appreciate it brutha!

Emer said...

OK. Do you mind if I model one of these mech bad boys? Awesome designs!