January 16, 2013

Mystery Solved

We watch a lot of BBC and Agatha Christie mysteries, well....mostly my wife does I listen to them while I work. Anyways, a few months ago she turns around on the coach and challenges me to do a commission piece for her for Christmas. The topic, an illustration containing her 3 favorite sleuths: Hercule Poirot, Sherlock Holmes and Miss Marple. A big challenge but thats the fun part of it. Well this is what I came up with.



Some Close Ups





Unfortunately, I wrapped it up in January so maybe instead of being late for 2012 I am actually early for 2013? Probably won't fly with her so I'll have to think of another commission to tame her. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Mauricio Abril said...

Cool, sweet characters! My personal fave is ole Sherlock, like the shapes in his head.

Unknown said...

Love the Poirot one! Great work! :)

Patrick Ballesteros said...

Mauricio-thanks buddy!

Alicia-haha, glad you like him and thanks!

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I see that this is an old post, I found it through Pinterest. You do fabulous work, I absolutely love this. I’m sure your wife was very pleased.