July 31, 2013

Keep it Strange---Sketch of the Day

Getting back into traditional media has been a blast. I forgot how frustrating and at the same time invigorating it is to mix paint and colors and have a final product I can actually hold and touch. By no means am I a great painter, I actually still have quite a bit to learn but that's what I love about art. The ability to experiment, try new things, and have fun. I think as a lot of start our jobs in the real world we forget to do that because our jobs do not afford us the time to do so.

If this is the case, you have to make the time. After all, we all got into this art business because we love what we do. Please do not forget that and continue to have fun and be inspired by not only others but by your own experimentations and triumphs in art.


Be Strange!


Pen and gouche on heavy weight, cold press illustration board



Here is my makeshift palette, not the best organization on here 
but proof that I mixed paint!


Have a wonderfully odd day!





No comments: