April 27, 2008

SKETCHING IS THERAPY

Wow, another update in less than a week! What a miracle! Well, just thought I'd post a few more things that happened across my lap. Its been a fun and crazy month for me, but I am trying to find time to sketch before I sleep each night as a way to unwind, even if it just for 5 minutes or so.

But first, a friend of mine used some of my sketches for an article in his magazine; ISM. Little did I know it was going to be used for the main cover.

I have done a couple shows with them and they are all such cool people. I can't wait to do more things with them. More info on their magazine and organization can be found here:
http://www.ismcommunity.org/



Some random sketches, I was a guest speaker a the Ryman art program held at USC so while waiting to talk I drew a few of the kids discussing their projects. Couple of waiters at breakfast, a hair salon stylist and a big guy at the gas station while I was waiting to fill up the tank at Costco.



This last page is a work in progress and a big time experimentation. Nothing digital on here, messing around with marker washes and I'll probably add some gouche and colored pencil to it tonight. One thing I learned, blue ink bleeds really fast, note to self, use black ink for the marker washes. We'll see what I can pull out of this mess. Alright, back to work again.

No comments: