November 24, 2008

GONE CHOPPING

As of late I have been driving around L.A. a lot, running errands and seeing friends. During these excursions I run across the most interesting people you could ever see. As I was going home one day I saw this old dude carrying shopping bags as he was walking across the street His image stuck in my head so vividly that I had to draw him up real quick.

So the heads in the bags...I have been playing the video game Left 4 Dead a whole lot and have zombies on my mind. For those who know me I am a big zombie-head fan so I just had to put it in there. Below you can see the final product as well as a series of progress shots. I am still messing around with a few techniques here and there but all in all this took me about 1.5 hours from start to finish all in Photoshop.

Also, for those interested I will be one of many artists doing a book signing at the Cerasoli-Lebasse gallery in Culver City. It is for the book Untitled Love Project, I was one of the artists chosen to participate in this great book that has wonderful art and artist interviews regarding their piece. This will be going on Saturday, Dec 13th from 6PM to 10PM. I will post more information about this as the date gets closer.

Here is a sneak peek at some of the art from there:
http://www.ismcommunity.org/untitled-love

Finally, some sketchbook pages. These are all ball point pen; I was just messing around with head shapes and looking for different shape combinations to get interesting characters. Well, that's all from me for now, I'll have more characters soon and I promise I will update more often!



Thanks for looking!

-Pat

1 comment:

Andrew Glazebrook said...

Really superb work !!! Very nice blog !