October 5, 2009

RECAP OF SHOW AND SOTD 10/5/09

The show was a blast. Thanks again to everyone for showing up. The night started with a few friends and guests showing up at 6 p.m. on the dot. From that point on, people started to trickle in and then it was pretty much packed the entire evening.

I was totally shocked to see my name on a window! That was pretty damn cool. And as you can see, my artwork attracted people of all ages. (The baby seemed to enjoy the show. I love that picture!)


I was so happy to see everyone enjoying the pieces and I had a chance to talk to people who have only seen my art work online; it was a big treat! O yea, I was selling prints at the show and there are still a few left. If interested just shoot me or the gallery an email if you wanna know prices.


Big thanks to all my friends and family that showed up. My high school art teacher, Fred, even dropped by. That was especially cool because I like to think I have come a looooong way since my days of drawing really bad unproportioned figures.


Below is one of the pieces from the show. I have also attached the line art so you can see the before and after. If you were not able to make it to the show, it will be up until November 1st. All you have to do is send an e-mail to Dylan at Subtext Gallery: dylan@subtextgallery.com

It's not fancy shmancy or a big deal, it's just that the gallery has a limited number of staff and making appointments makes sure someone is there to open the door for you plus this means you check it out based on your schedule instead of set gallery hours! Any questions on that again, feel free to contact me.




Finally, the sketch of the day. I watched Zombieland the other day with Kay, Dzu, and Nick. Man, that movie was a lot of fun. There is an awesome cameo in there but no worries I won't spoil it for you.


Wow, what a whirlwind, I can't believe I made it through the opening. I hope you guys enjoyed the show as much as I did. What's up next?....I have plans for another series but for now....rest!

5 comments:

Kay said...

I'm very proud of you.

Lisa said...

That is so amazing, Pat!! I so wish I could've been there to support you. I've been in bed since Thursday with the flu. I echo Kay's sentiments...very proud of you! (Fred looks the same!).

Danielle said...

Congratulations on the show! It looked amazing and made me wish I was near San Diego to check it out. Seems like it was a great success, and I wish you many more like it!

Patrick Ballesteros said...

Kay-spanks!

Lisa-Get better you and thanks as always for your love and support.

Danielle-good to hear from ya! It was a blast hopefully I'll have one in L.A. next time!

Martin said...

Great job! Congratulations :)sha