March 4, 2013

New Illustration: Afternoon Tea

Thanks to everyone who visited the show MINTconidition at Ltd. Art Gallery this past weekend in Seattle, WA. Sadly I was unable to go to the opening reception but the pictures from that evening look amazing! For those who are unable to see the show in person, the gallery was kind enough to put the enitre show online for you to view here

My piece called Afternoon Tea is on page 3 of the site but just in case you get lazy here it is:


I decided it was time to showcase female superheros and the cartoons that I grew up with. I know there are a few still missing from this image do not fret because look out for them in the coming months! I had a blast with this image and coming up with each of their personalities was a great challenge for me. I hope I did them justice and it this brings a smile to your face.

Last, here is the original pencil version.



Thank you to James Monosmith for having me contribute Afternoon Tea to the show and thanks to all of you for dropping by!

REMINDER: One lucky person will get a FREE sketch commission. More info here.

No comments: