June 2, 2008

SOMETHING NEW

Playing around with the layout of the blog, felt it was time for something a little different. Hope you all digs so far. Anyways, I'll start off this new look with a few pages from the good old reliable sketchbook.

First page was inspired after watching IRON MAN....kickass movie by the way. Just sketching away from memory right after watching it.


I got stuck in the Dr's office one day getting my bum knee looked at, so I picked up a TIME magazine and it had the 100 most influential people in the world. I forget who is who but it was fun breaking down all these unique faces into simple shapes, not to mention it helps pass the time when your Dr. is running super late.


After teaching one day I hung out with a few buddies at South Coast Plaza in Orange County. We decided to sit and draw people in the mall. Darn people, stop moving! Anyways, this girl stopped and asked us if we were in a sociology class, we said no, she then asked if we were trying to see who could draw the fastest. Again we said no. Man, can't a person draw just to draw...geeeeez.


Lastly, I was at a cafe on Sawtelle. The Laker Game was on which was cool but I had more fun drawing some of the stressed out kids studying in there. Ah...finals...SUCKAZ!


That's all for now, I'll be posting the next comic book cover that just came out for Boom Studios, so stay tuned.

Big thanks to Kay for helping me with the new title. Alright, back to the grind.

1 comment:

Lorraine A D Alvarez said...

Love these sketchbook pages. Drawing from life is so important. You really utilize the space on your pages well!