July 19, 2009

COMI-CON WORKSHOP AND AN ART SHOW


Hey guys, for those who don't know, Comi-Con 2009 is this week from July 23 to 26 in San Diego. It's looking like another fun year with a lot of cool artists and workshops scheduled for the week. You will catch me wandering around the halls looking at cool art, buying books and other things I do not need, and geeking out at a lot of artists that I admire. In between all of that I am going to be keeping myself pretty busy.

On Friday, July 24, I will be conducting a 2-hour Character Design Workshop at the Art Institute booth (booth #1947). The workshop will take place 3pm-4pm followed by a 1-hour break and then resume 5pm-6pm. I will be covering some character design basics and doing a demo as well. During the workshop you will be able to work along with me and get some one-on-one time with me, too. Seats are limited, so you will need to sign up 1 hour prior to the workshop for a guaranteed spot. Regardless, please stop by, hang out, and cheer me on or just say hi! Here are some samples and the official description of the workshop:


Character Design for Comic/Gamers I & II: 3:00PM, 5:00PM
What is the secret to an awesome character design? Concept Illustrator, Patrick Ballesteros, Instructor from The Art Institute of California – Orange County will focus on the importance of storytelling and the tools used to make memorable characters for any medium. Design topics such as the use of silhouette, gesture, reference, and attitude will be discussed. This workshop is great for beginners and will provide a sneak peek into the world of character design.

Here is a map of where I will be:

Mark your calendars again! Also on Friday, July 24, please stop by Subtext Gallery in San Diego (Kettner Art & Design District) from 6pm to 10pm. I contributed a piece to their show "Meanwhile... at the Hall Of Justice: A Collection of Superhero Mishaps."  I'll be at the gallery after 7pm and I would love to hear from you!
Here is a link to the gallery's website and show details:
http://subtextstore.com/blog/?p=1007

This is a link to the gallery location:
http://subtextstore.com/blog/?page_id=8

**This show will take place only on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday of Comi-Con week (July 24-26) so be sure you don't miss out. Here is a sneak peak of my contribution!**Alright, well this week is gonna be super crazy but I know it will be a whole lot of fun. Like I said, I hope to see some of you at the workshop and most especially at the art show! Thanks again for stopping by.

-Pat

No comments: