October 19, 2011

GHOSTBUSTERS WINSTON TAKE 2


So this is a demo I did for my students on costume design.

I did a version in class but wasn't feeling it so I went home and redid the costume after putting a little bit more thought to it. I also had some time to put some reference together for it here:


The above images were taken from Air and Space Museum in D.C. The main feel I was going for this guy was blue collared worker on break from a long shift. Most of my reference was from pilot jumpsuits and I added in another mix of cut lines from some Scandinavian outfits. When getting reference I try not to jump around too much because then my designs start to feel too piecy and not cohesive. So this design was  about 80% flight suits with 20% Scandinavian costume design. 


FINAL IMAGE





NOTES FOR MY STUDENTS

I will most likely do another costume pass on this, still not fully satisfied with it but artists never are...picky buggers!

-Patrick



No comments: